Thursday, January 17, 2013

2 Income Family Again

I accepted a job offer!

It wasn't the the best paying position of the three that I interviewed for, but it was the position I thought I would like first.  Negotiation wage was the most difficult part.

They were not will to match what I was making at my previous firm, but accepted on the condition that I get a performance review between 4 to 6 months with a raise.  I'm making $1.92/hour less then before.  This adds up to approx. $400.00 less per month.  However I did gain some other great stuff.  Heath, Dental and Vision benefits, life insurance, travel insurance,  and after  one year of employment I receive RSP Contributions and a health & wellness expenses account that can be used for gym passes, fitness classes or whatever promotes healthy lifestyle.  SCORE!

I start next week, and I figure I should set some goals to achieve within the first month:


  • Learn how to efficiently use any new computer programs or office machinery
  • Make a friend (or two)
  • Be early and ready to start each day (put in extra time)
  • Improve productivity each day (stay off the internet and alway from excessive office chit-chat)
After my first week I am sure I will have new and more specific goals.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job!! thats great that you have work again so quickly.

    ReplyDelete