Thursday, January 3, 2013

When life kicks you to the ground

A total unexpected event occurred yesterday.  I was terminated from my employment after 5 years of loyal hard work.  I don't completely understand why this happened.  I was told that it was not because I was a bad employee, but because of a strenuous relationship with a coworker and salary budget issues.  Right now I feel many things:

Shocked
Embarrassed
Angry
Confused

My boss seemed genuinely upset and he had told me he was ill because he had to terminate me, but the situation still frustrates me.   I wished the best of luck and told that I would be provided with the very best reference to new prospective employers.  I was also given 6 weeks of full pay.

What do I do now??  I'm am extremely fortunate to have such a solid loving relationship with my fiancé.  He had reassured me that everything is going to be alright and too focus of the positive.  

What is the positive?? I gained:


  1. 6 weeks of normal salary pay!
  2. A reference 
  3. A chance to change to a better position
  4. A chance to earn more income
  5. some time off.
Also, I'm grateful for the emergency fund that I had in my general savings account.  If all goes well, I may not even have to dip into it.


Now I am off to a new endeavour and opportunity in which I will come out ahead.

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear that you have been laid off, it's a shock coming completely out of the blue like that!

    it's good you are able to look on the positive side though, good luck with the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete